Monday, August 29, 2011

THE BEGINNING

The Volcano! We got a whole 3 eruptions
The First Light...

The Attraction of Particles by Unseen Forces


Some particles are really attracted and closely bound, rocks and solid objects

Literally it's The Beginning. It's the beginning of our homeschool year wooohooo! And we opened with The Beginning, as in The Beginning of Time, The Big Bang, The First Great Lesson, as taught in The First Great Lesson in the Montessori Method. I was so excited to present this lesson, it's full of everything a kid craves in learning. Balloons popping! Glitter exploding! Volcanoes Erupting and the magic of the cosmos surrounding us! I could see the excitement on his face as he walked into our schoolroom ( although I'll have to come up with a better term since ideally, school for us occurs everywhere not just in one room). This presentation really is a great way to set the tone for things to come, piquing the curiosity and laying the foundation for areas of study that we will cover later in the term, I'm attaching the link I used to guide me. This year also represents the first time I will blog as a way to keep a portfolio as required by the State of Florida homeschool statute ( the profolio not the blog! ). I'll be posting a sampling of topics and materials we are using throughout the year. Let the fun begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment